So far ILIFE has expanded their product line to a total of 9 vacuums.
Over the past few months they’ve launched three new products – A4S, A6 and the V5S Pro that I’ll feature today.
This robot is an upgraded version of the V5 Pro (or V5S) that now has the new brushless motor, upgraded batteries and water tank (similar to the V7S Pro).
Take note that the V5 Pro is no longer in production.
If your home only has bare floors then this is a great option because it comes with a mopping feature. It does not have any motorized brush but you don’t really need it on bare floor.
Let’s dive deep into the features and performance of the V5S Pro and see how it does.
- Uses 5 IR sensors (plus one wall sensor) that ILIFE calls “Intelligent Anti-collision system sensor” to avoid bumping into furniture
- New brushless motor improves longevity
- Has two-in-one functionality – vacuum and wet/dry mop
- 300ml dirt bin
- 300ml water tank
- Has a scheduling feature (once a day, seven days a week)
- 850 Pa suction
- Now uses 4 lithium ion batteries (the older V5S used only 3)
- IR remote
- Great for most bare floor surfaces – hardwood, ceramic tile, cement, etc.
- Three cleaning modes – automatic cleaning, spot cleaning, edge cleaning
- 1 year warranty
- Improved battery improves run time
- Brushless motor will last longer since it’s more efficient
- Water tank now has a valve that regulates water flow
- Decent suction that is more than enough for bare floor
- No motorized brush means there’s one less part to maintain
- Low profile design will be able reach under a lot of furniture
- Offers more value for money compared to the V5S (if you buy it in Amazon)
- Lacks a motorized brush so it won’t be able to clean carpet
- Small dirt bin
- Does not have the true moping motion found in the iRobot Braava
ILIFE has been busy right now upgrading their products and the V5S Pro is one of the latest robots.
From the top, it looks exactly like the older V5S but it has several important upgrades that are aimed to improve run time, mopping and longevity.
Battery and motor were the biggest upgrades.
This variant is now equipped with the second generation brushless motor that should last longer. ILIFE also added an extra lithium ion battery to the mix to bring the total to 4.
Combine the efficiency of the brushless motor and the 4 lithium ion batteries run time has improved to about 150 minutes max.
The latter two are more expensive and use superior navigation technology that relies on a laser sensor and S.L.A.M. algorithm. So it won’t be far comparing this to those two.
It looks exactly the same as the V5S and has the same dimensions.
Layout remains the same. It has two side brushes, caster wheel up front for steering and two large rubberized wheels.
Biggest difference would be the color at the bottom – from white to black. I like the change because it won’t be prone to staining, if that’s a big concern for you.
This robot still uses 5 IR sensors and wall sensor that help it navigate and avoid obstacles. It will have the same cleaning pattern as all ILIFE robots – that is it’ll go in a random direction when the IR sensors detect an obstacle.
What I like about this robot is that it does not bump into furniture hard so there’s no need to worry about scuffing.
It however lacks the mini-room cleaning mode found in the ILIFE A6 but it shouldn’t be an issue since it’ll still do the job cleaning without it.
Layout of the remote remains the same except for some minor aesthetic changes. First would be the color. The V5S remote was more like a dirty white with a blue face while the new remote of the V5S Pro is all white.
Another subtle difference would be the plan and clock buttons that had icons instead of words.
New Water Tank
Another big improvement that ILIFE made is the water tank design. The new tank now has a valve that prevents water from dripping when the robot is off.
This is an improvement over the previous V5S where it just relies on gravity.
When the robot is off, water still seeps down and eventually create a puddle of water if you don’t remove it in time.
I’ve encountered with issue a few times I tested the mopping features of this robot.
However unlike the V7S Pro, you can’t schedule this to mop but that shouldn’t be a big issue for most people.
Out of the box you’ll get the following:
- V5S Pro robot with dirt bin inside
- Charging dock and plug (it is auto volt)
- 300ml water tank
- Two extra side brushes
- Two extra HEPA filters
- Remote (with two AAA batteries)
- Mop bracket (with microfiber pad)
- Extra pad
- User manual and quick start guide
If your home only has bare floor, the ILIFE V5S Pro is one of the better options in the market right now. It does not have any motorized brush so it’s one less thing to worry about cleaning.
In terms of power, it has almost as much power as the A6 but it’s costs $100 less. In my opinion this offers a better deal if you don’t need to clean carpet.
During the first cleaning test, I tested this on 50 grams of oats, powder, dust bunnies, hair, etc.
Here are some after photos…
After running this for close to 15 minutes (more or less), it did a pretty good job to be honest. It was able to pick up 48 grams out of the 50 I scattered. This is better than the A6 I tested a week ago especially at the edges where it was able to pick up almost everything I scattered.
|2600 mAh Lithium ion
|Dirt capacity (dry)
|120 - 150 mins.
|Net weight (with battery)
|Full bin indicator
|Cleaning sessions per week
|Brush cleaning tools
Remote (AAA-batteries included)
1 extra HEPA filter
1 brush cleaning tool
2 extra side brushes
|1 year (learn more)
The V5S Pro is available in Amazon but you’ll have to pay close to $200 for it. A better deal can be found in GearBest where this is available for just under $170. And you can use these promo codes to get more savings.
- QWYD795061 (Champagne Gold EU Plug – $129.99 *Price with coupon code
- Amazon warehouse
The new water tank prevents unnecessary drips because it has a valve that stops water flow when the robot is off.
It now has the second generation brushless motor and 4 lithium batteries that improve run time to about 150 minutes. So this will work well in larger homes but it will not work as well as a Xiaomi or Neato when it comes to cleaning multiple rooms.